Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Welcome to Deadsville!

This is a series of humorous and instructive anecdotes about growing up in a small town.

The idea should be credited to my friend Mike Davis who proposed it 20+ years ago as a comic strip. I can't draw..... but I can write. So these are stories of spent and misspent youth and adulthood. I hope that you enjoy them.

Kirk

(p.s. Names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent but if you grew up around my hometown you'll figure the characters out pretty quick).

2 comments:

  1. How small is the town exactly? Mine has one Walmart, 2 McDonalds, 2 Sonics, one mall called Mall... I'm just wondering how small is small. This town was actually smaller, years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wantusi,

    Our town has grown since I was a kid and most of these stories are set. It is now up to 2000 people.

    We have no Walmart, McDonald's, mall or even a single street light.

    It is an old mill (lumber and grain) town tucked in between a river and mountain. It has nice old historic buildings (except where they've burned down in the past), wonderful opportunities for hiking, swimming, etc. but not much else. Peace and quiet.... which is great for retiring but can be a challenge for bored teenagers.

    I hope that you enjoy the stories.

    ReplyDelete